Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Some useful Chinese phrases

I know I should have written this post long time ago, maybe around the same time when I wrote the post How to say Hello in Chinese? But as they say, it’s better late than never. So here are some useful Chinese words and phrases.

谢谢(Xièxiè): Thank you

And how do you reply to that?

不用谢(Bùyòng xiè ): You are welcome

It literally means “no need to thank”. But if you just want to welcome someone, use the one below.

欢迎(Huānyíng): Welcome


对不起(Duìbùqǐ): Excuse me

It can also be used to mean sorry.

对不起(Duìbùqǐ): Sorry

And this is how you reply to it.

没关系(Méiguānxì): No problem


And here are few others:

再见(Zàijiàn): Goodbye

早上好(Zǎoshang hǎo): Good morning

下午好(Xiàwǔ hǎo): Good afternoon

晚安(Wǎnān): Good night


I hope this was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment